Glenview firefighters rescue man from balcony
GLENVIEW – A Glenview resident was treated and released from Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge after a Saturday night fire trapped him on a balcony.
Glenview Fire Department received a 911 call at 9:50 p.m. about heavy smoke and flames coming from windows of a third-floor apartment at 3521 Central Road.
The man was removed with a ground ladder.
Glenview firefighters and Cook County Sheriff’s Police interviewed other building occupants and determined the fire accidently ignited in the kitchen.
Nine mutual aid departments assisted with roof ventilation, salvage and overhaul.
Estimated loss of contents was $50,000 and building damage was $300,000.